Tidelands Bank, headquartered at 875 Lowcountry Boulevard, Mount Pleasant, SC, is a local bank focused on serving the individuals, families, and small businesses of the South Carolina coastal area. We best serve the entrepreneurs and small business owners based on our extensive experience helping build businesses and creating custom banking solutions that work for those who need more than standard banking products and services.
Envisioned in 2001 by our organizing directors, Tidelands raised 10.3 million dollars in start up capital, exceeding the 8.4 million dollar minimum required by state regulators. The outstanding success in raising capital demonstrated the community’s strong interest and enthusiasm for a new local bank in the South Carolina lowcountry market.
The doors of our first branch, a 10,000 square foot building, opened in October 2003. We are currently a seven branch bank with locations all along the South Carolina coast. We have local decision making authority that ensures we can provide answers based on an understanding of the community and the customer. We take great pride in providing customers with the necessary products and services to meet their needs. We have remained, and will remain, committed to the community where we live and work. It’s our community too!
Our success is measured not in the number of accounts we open but in the relationships we build.
Our local management:
- Thomas Lyles - President & CEO
- Milon Smith – Executive Vice President & Chief Credit Officer
- Robert Mathewes, Jr.- Executive Vice President & Chief Community Banker
- Wayne Gray – Senior Vice President & North-Coast Executive
- Scott Garcia – Senior Vice President & Mid-Coast Executive
- John Dalton – Vice President, Controller & Principal Financial and Accounting Officer